MATERIAL TESTING TECHNOLOGIST
Project Engineering is expanding its capacity and is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our growing and dynamic team in the position of Materials Testing Technologist. This will be a Seasonal full-time position subject to a three-month probationary period.
If you are a hard-working individual and looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative and dedicated team, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and perform Materials Testing on Road and Construction projects,
- Conducting the following tests:
- Gravel Sieve Analysis,
- Asphalt Laboratory Testing (Marshall Density, Compaction, Oil Content, Sieve Analysis),
- Moisture-Density Relation of Soil (Proctor), Moisture and Density of Soil and Gravel Using Nuclear Gauge,
- Sampling and Testing Fresh Concrete (Slump, Air Content, Temperature and Density),
- Maintain testing lab and equipment in a clean and organized condition,
- Conduct all work activities while following the requirements in the Safety and Loss Prevention Program,
- Train junior and summer student material testers.
Minor Duties (some would be in the off season)
- Coordinate utility locates and prepare crossing agreements,
- Oversee and assist with hydrovac for utilities locates,
- Assist in preparing final details and project summaries,
- Assist with preparing and updating project documents,
- Assist with preparation of Proposals,
- Other duties as assigned and agreed to.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years or equivalent experience,
- Experience with Alberta Transportation test procedures,
- Physically fit, able to lift 25kg samples and equipment,
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and MS Word,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
- Strong ability to organize, file documentation and maintain information,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team,
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org